September 10, 2020
Dear FASD Families, Faculty, and Staff,
The District was alerted this evening that there is a staff member who has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The District has been advised by the Pennsylvania Department of Health Rapid Response Center how to handle this matter. In response to this situation, the District has already implemented a deep cleaning protocol of all identified rooms/areas which goes above and beyond the stringent cleaning protocols we already have in place.
While no particular action is needed on your part at this point, please continue to do the following:
- Practice Social Distancing
- Exercise all health and safety protocols recommended by the CDC and Department of Health
- Monitor your health (and/or that of your students) for any symptoms
- Seek medical advice and/or treatment should you or your student develop symptoms or be exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Notify your school building administration and/or school nurse should your child (or you if you are a District employee) test positive and/or be exposed to COVID-19
Additionally, please do not ask FASD for more details or names, as we are not permitted to share that information due to privacy laws. While we are not required to provide this notification, we are doing so in order to provide transparency and accurate information.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and continued support.
Lora Adams-King, Ed.D.